12.04.2009

Packaging!

I'm having so much fun packaging my stationary. It's one more opportunity to design something creative. I like the "designing" part of this the most. Too bad it makes the postage so much more expensive. I haven't offered the "gift wrapping" to my customers on Etsy as of yet because it bumps the shipping cost to more than double (from $2 to $5) and it does cut into my "profit" on each set... It just seems silly to me to ask $5 to ship an item that cost the buyer only $10!
In any event, when I have the supplies handy, I do enjoy having some fun with the packaging.
The Bee Silhouette here is embellished with a Swarovski crystal.
It corresponds with the Bee stationary inside.
I love the way this pillow box turned out with the ribbon and fleur-de-lis together!
Though difficult to see in this picture, the image of the tree is shadowed in chartreuse. The envelopes for this set are also chartreuse.
The red crest is enlarged for this box top and layered with the ivory linen card stock used for the stationary set inside. The set comes with red envelopes.

No comments: